Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Leap of Faith

Dad and I witnessed a leap of faith Sunday, with the Confirmation of Allison. As I looked at the table prepared for her party, I noticed her baptisimal photo, and realized how time has gone by so fast. Yes, it was a memorable baptism...our naked little girl wrapped in a blanket after overflowing her diaper...and now, her affirmation of Baptism @ 16yrs. old. As I read her statement of faith, I was brought to tears over the sincerity of her beliefs, and what she professes from her heart about her faith in God and her fellow man. The beginning of a journey of faith, it is, as I, too, realize, my life has been on that journey, and it continues today. I, also, recalled my leap of faith, not so much at my Confirmation, 'cause I was only in 4th grade at the time, and couldn't comprehend the importance of this step, but later, in high school, and beyond, how much my faith meant to me, and still does today. Recently, over the past year, I started a grateful journal...listing at the end of the day, the things I am thankful for...sometimes, not even writing them down, but recalling the day's events in my nightly prayers, and thinking of all the positive events that have happened each day, starting with the day itself. My hope for Allison is that she keep those statements of faith with her always as she continues her life, as it will not always be easy to adhere to those beliefs, but with the Lord beside, and in her, she will reap so many blessings from Him. I have, and I am so thankful for them.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you for this post, Mom. It was very heartwarming. It was a great day! So proud, too, of my little Alli.

The Spirit said...

Several of us had conversation on the day of the Ooper's Confirmation about the height (or lack of it)in the LeBon family. I'm talking about my family. My granddad was only four foot nine. Alli said,we have a lot more in common then just our height Grandpa! I was taken aback by that comment. I read her Faith Letter and understood what she meant. We are one in Spirit!:-)