Saturday, October 6, 2007

I had the best day yesterday. I played hookey from work, and met with my granddaughter, Raquel, and daughter Sharyn@ the St. Cloud University campus. We took a tour of the place Raquel wants to attend next year. She wants to pursue a career in nursing. This will be the 3rd person in the family going into a medical profession. As we walked,( or could I say meandered, as we were lagging way behind the rest), I thought back to my years in nursing, the dorms, the activities, the fun I had as I tried to be independent on my own for the first time. Learning to get along with my roommate,and co-students. Overcoming my shyness, to talk with patients, and pursue the areas of nursing I wanted to be in. All in all, it was a great experience for me, and I hope Raquel will feel the same way. She turned in her application while we were there, and then went out to lunch. We were all starving, as it was going on 4:00. We picked Baker's Square, and ended the meal with pie, of course. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk together. Never enough time, though, as the day started to unwind. My little "Rocky" is growing up, and I enjoy these moments of sharing so much.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, I love the picture of Sharyn and Raquel. So glad you got to go with them, Mom. I'm sure it meant a lot to both of them...and you! :)

Julie B said...

sounds like a great day! I still can't believe Raquel is going to be going to college soon...wow, do I feel old!

Lorrie said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day! I can't believe our little Kelly is going off to college soon, either!