Sunday, October 14, 2007

Autumn colors

What a glorious day yesterday was. The sun was shining(the first time all week), warm(60), no wind. Perfect day for cleaning up outside. Started out cleaning up the deck-sweeping off the leaves, taking off the chair cushions, putting the umbrella away(might need a new one next year), and taking up the rug. Then I raked all the leaves in the fenced-in area. Thought back to a time when my little ones loved to jump in the piles, and bury themselves in them. Now, I have the two dogs running thru them, and chasing the rake. My other half is mowing the front lawn, meanwhile, and got half of that done before we had to leave to go to Green Lake Shopping Center. We gathered with a small group of people to say the rosary, in honor of the 90th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima appearing to three children. At first, I wasn't to keen on going, esp. saying the rosary publicly in front of a shopping center, but as we started, and prayed as a group, I realized what a wonderful experience it was, and was so glad I did it. Afterwards, we decided to ride around, and came across some open houses, and toured the homes. We go back and forth about moving, but I know someday we'll know it's right for us to downsize, and let someone else take care of the lawn for us. It'll free us up to do other things. So we returned home, continued mowing, trimming bushes, bagging leaves for three hours more. Maybe having someone else doing this is such a bad idea. The place looks pretty good, if I say so myself. Still have to plant my bulbs that came last week...hope we get another day of sun.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! I am sure it will be another week before we see any sun again!

Julie B said...

sounds like a good weekend..busy, but good :) We are finally getting some Fall weather down here, which I am enjoying! So tired of the hot humid 90s...

Peace is every step said...

I remember loving to jump in our HUGE leaf piles. I just can't seem to get them that big up here....or maybe it's that I've gotten bigger.