Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Events

Yes, it's been a long time since I blogged. My summer has been a traveling one. After getting jipped out of double pay by a mandatory on call for the 4th of July, I started getting ready for our trip out east to Maryland. Daughter Julie was getting ready to have baby #3, walking around @ 4-5 cm. I thought for sure, I was going to miss this little one birth, as I luckily made it for the other two.
So, on July 11, hubby and I headed out East, leaving @ 3:30 am, driving til 6 pm the first day, and stayed overnight in Toledo.
We had packed sandwiches, fruit, snacks, and drinks in two coolers, and ate @ rest stops on the way.

We then left not as early the next day, and arrived in Maryland by 4:30pm. Julie was still pregnant, with no signs of labor imminent. The granddaughters were excited to see us, though they were both shy @ first, but it didn't take long for them to warm up to us.
We both enjoyed playing, and getting to know Analese and Mara
They swam in the hot 90 degree weather,
I helped them "dress-up", and put music on, and joined in their dancing, acting silly, and laughing, and clapping, and being reminded what it's like to be a free spirit without cares and concerns. Enjoying the moments we have been given.

We went to Christmas Tree park, while waiting for mama to go
into labor. It is a beautiful shady park full of play areas, where they went on swings, slides, climbing bars, tunnels, and sandboxes. Running carefree as little spirits do.

No comments: