Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Week

We decided to celebrate our Valentine's Day the weekend before. Our plans were to go to a nice restaurant and enjoy a steak dinner, and have a relaxing evening. Well, the weather didn't co-operate. It was bitter cold and windy. So, our next plan was to buy all the fixins, and make a steak dinner at home, have a fire in the fireplace, and enjoy the evening home. That's what we did, but it wasn't quite the same as going out, as I did all the fixing! But I did get quite a few compliments. But our celebration didn't end there. The following Wednesday, the day before Valentine's Day, I got a delivery of flowers, a teddy bear, and a box of chocolates. What a nice thing to get. Not to be outdone, I also thought of my hubby, and presented him with a new George Foreman grill, which he'd been looking at, for some time. We both enjoyed our gifts to each other. So, what a surprise on Valentine's Day, when I got home from work that evening, and discovered all the laundry had been washed, dried, folded, and put away! Now that was a great Valentine Day for me!

No comments: