Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February Frenzy

So begins another month....Yahoo! Only 2 more months of winter...maybe less...I don't think the groundhog saw his shadow around here...clouds, clouds, and more clouds. I started it by being scheduled not one or two, but three 12 hr. shifts, but thankfully, I got an OnCall for Friday and part of Saturday. I should have been ready to go, since I had all week off, but I think it's even harder to go back to work after you've been off a week. So, did I accomplish a lot while I was off. Hmmm, well I started gung-ho. One of my goals this year was getting organized, and cleaning out the things I no longer want. So I started in the basement, purchasing tote bins, and organizing all my decorations, and artificial flowers by seasons---Winter, spring, summer, and fall. Then I put all my wrapping paper, and gift bags together in one box, along with stickers, ribbon, tissue paper. That felt good. From there, I redid the kitchen, by putting the microwave in the breakfast area, and clearing a straight path from the back door. It amazes me how just simple things can change the look of a room. I then tackled the paperwork for our taxes, so I could get them started. I say, to get them started...I haven't got them done yet. And finally, I'm organizing our bedroom, by getting a portable bed for Mac, to get him off our bed at night, and have some room for sleep. He's taken over half the bed, and Earl, the other third, which leaves me a quarter of the bed. I'm getting claustophobic! This week, I work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I went with Dad to St. Cloud for his sleep apnea glove, which measures his oxygen level, and adrenaline levels. Tomorrow he brings it back, and they'll read the measurements, and tell him if he needs further therapy. Well, I'm off to choir practice. Happy Fat Tuesday. Tomorrow starts Lent. Dad and I realized we no longer have to fast as we have reached past the age limit. But maybe we'll do it anyway.

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

I didn't realize there was an age limit to fasting- I don't know why but that made me laugh (: You have done more than me in the organizing department-it is amazing what a little something does to a room-I will start, maybe tomorrow since I will be home with a sick Jonnie. A little at a time......

Chris said...

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished in those days. More than what I would have done.
Yes, the age limit on fasting made me giggle, too. I didn't realize...

I love that feeling of organization..even stuff you don't normally see on a day to day basis. It makes it so much easier to find things when the seasons change and you want to redecorate. Good for you, Mom!

Julie B said...

we've been trying to tackle some decluttering as well,a little at a time. Its been hard to accomplish this week!