Sunday, November 18, 2007

My Saturday


I started my day with Alaina, Jonnie, and Sawyer. They all seemed happy to start the day with me and Dad. I gave them a treat for breakfast of cinnamon french toast, and sausage, and all ate heartily. Of course, Sawyer had to check everything out, as I put up all the no-no's, but settled down to play with Fischer Price people, animals, barn, and zoo. Meanwhile Alaina and Jonnie watched the Disney channel for awhile til I said..."that's enough, TV", and suggested they help me make some choc. chip cookies. As Dad cared for Sawyer, who decided he didn't want a nap, brother and sister took turns adding ingredients, mixing, and beating, and sifting flour with their clean hands. Of course, the best part was taste testing, and that passed their inspection. We decided to pack some just for Daddy as a gift for his birthday, along with a card I made. Everyone enjoyed the effort and baking, and tasting, along with some ice cold milk. We discovered later, even the remote got caught up in the milk, but with a little TLC from Grandpa, it works again. Finally, to end the day, they decided to make a fort on the treadmill. All had fun.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Awwww...sounds like a fun morning! Glad they were able to hang with you guys.

Julie B said...

sounds like you all had a great time!

Lorrie said...

It's fun to see pictures of my kids over at your house. They didn't want to leave and had a lot of fun!