Sunday, November 18, 2007

7 Random Things about Me

1. I Love chocolate-I keep a stash by my bed, and nibble on them one at a time before bed. I've been known to hide a bag of them, so I could have them all to myself.
2. I sometimes find me talking out loud to myself when I'm shopping, and looking for things. When I realize I can be heard, I just hum to myself, and hope no one thinks I've totally lost it.
3. I love clean sheets...I feel I can associate with those people in the fresh scent commercials who spend all their time smelling the freshness. The first night under fresh sheets is heavenly.
4. I will never stop seeing the wonder of new life...in a birth of a baby, a birdie, puppy, kitty, flower, bunny, butterfly. Just amazing!
5. I'm a hopeless romantic...I used to read any Harlequin book I could get my hands on(and I had the 5 boxes full of books to prove it) , love getting flowers, and plants, homemade cards, and gifts, special desserts, or surprise parties.
7. I, too, love to sing...in the shower, the house, in the nursery, at church. It took years to get up and sing in front of people, without a quivering voice, and though I still get nervous, I try to pour my heart out when leading the hymns.
So that's a few of my favorite things. Enjoy reading all of yours.

7 comments:

Julie B said...

I can't stop laughing at you walking all around the store, talking to yourself :)
Its funny how we all love to sing, although some of you CAN sing, and some of us-well me, really really shouldn't!

Peace is every step said...

We've known for years that you've talked to yourself....hate to break it to ya, but it ain't just shopping!!! :)

One of my fondess memories that still gives me the giggles is you saying "Hi John...how are you?" to the bus driver under your breath.

We love you and all your crazy chocolate-stashing, talking to no one self..especially the hums. :)

Lorrie said...

I guess this is the reason we all sing around the house, huh? I, too am a chocolate stasher (: I have to hide it so I can have it all to myself (:

Chris said...

Danielle--I can't stop laughing at your post! Yes, you do talk to yourself, Mom...quite often. :) And the memory of you saying hello to the bus driver brings me to tears. Unfortunetely, I've heard myself a time or two saying "hi" to the policeman at the cross-walk in front of the kids' school--and yes, my window was shut. Needless to say, Allison could not stop laughing at me....I guess I'm giving her quirky memories of her Mom, just like you did.

Did you ever think that one of you Grandkids would find your hidden stash of chocolate every time? hee hee.....Jonnie sure has a knack for that, doesn't he?!

My Lifesong said...

Funny how random thoughts can just spew out of my mouth? I'm just thankful I don't have a loud boisterous voice, so I hope nobody hears me. As for Jonnie, I just have to be more foxy than he, where I hide the chocolate.

Peace is every step said...

Ya, you go foxy mama.

The Spirit said...

All these years...and I didn't know she was hiding chocolate!