Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome, 2011!

Lord, help me to stay on the journey in search of you.
Help me when I am tired
Help me when I've lost my way.
Help me when the destination is not clear.
Help me when discouraging voices crowd out my hopes.
Lord, help me to stay on the journey with the sure knowledge
that you wait for me and are my final destination.  Amen





A new year!  A new start!  But isn't each day we are given a beginning?  Looking back over the past year,  there were many highs and lows, joys and sorrows, peace and turmoil.  I breathe a sigh of relief.  I have been given this day, and this day only.  I don't know the future, only now.  I leave my future in God's hands, as only He knows what His plans are for me. 
As many of us do each year, these are my resolutions:
Physically:  be healthy by good eating habits, exercise, losing 10% of my body weight
Spiritually:  start a prayer journal, daily readings of scripture, daily Mass, daily rosary
Financially:  To be completely out of debt this year, except for house                       
Goals:  To do all things with joy, even routine chores, to think of others before me, to enjoy travels with Earl, keep in touch with all my children, try to get all birthday gifts out on time, to always
be grateful for each day I am given, for family, and friends.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Nice to see you blogging again! Now you just have to do Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec (;