Monday, May 10, 2010

Winter to Spring











After returning home from Maryland, we embraced the indoors, and the bitter cold again.  Couldn't wait for winter to be over.  Then one day I decided to go to a talk about Heart Health, and meet the new cardiologist in Willmar who was speaking @ St Mary's Church.  This was in the middle of February.  He was very personable, and towards the end of his speech, opened it up to questions.  I decided to tell him about the symptoms I was experiencing since December.  I had three episodes of heartburn, and jaw pain with it.  He approached me afterwards, and said he would like to see me as soon as possible, and have a stress test done.  So two days later, I had the test done.  It was abnormal, and he suggested I have another cardiac catherization done .  So the following week, on Feb. 26, I was up in St. Cloud Hospital, with a overnight bag packed just in case , and had the catherization done.  Yes, I stayed overnight, due to the fact that I had two stents put in.  One was at the same location as my first stent(less than 2 yrs. ago), which was clotting off, and another below that, which was 80% blocked.  Following this, I started cardiac rehab for 18 sessions, did well, and was determined to change my eating and exercise habits.  Much of what has happened is genetic, but I feel better doing what I am able to control for myself. 

No comments: