Monday, May 10, 2010

Retirement Party

This was funny!  I'm at the YMCA working out, and ran into a former co-worker, Shannon Behm, who congratulated me on retiring, and says to me, I'm sorry I wont be able to be at your retirment party tonight.  I say to her, What party?  She says, Your party...didn't you know about it?  Me, NO.  her, Well, I'm sure it's tonight @ the Green Mill,  Me, What time?  5:00 pm.  Well nobody called and told me.  Good thing I ran into you.  So I ran home, dressed, and drove into Willmar, right past the Green Mill, without thinking, heading for the former Blue Heron( we had other parties there). I pulled into the parking lot, which is empty, thinking, I'm the first one here, or no one is coming to my party.  I sit in the car for a minute or two, then realize I'm at the wrong restaurant, and proceed to Green Mill.  I arrive, my friends are waiting, and I tell them about how I found out about the party.  We all laughed about it.  It turned out Diane Johnson forgot to call me and confirm the date and location with me.
Above is Joanne Versteeg, Bev Marcus, and Becky Reiter

More of my former co-workers, and some previous retirees

Vi Ceske, and Char Adams

Barb Miller, Vicki Anderson, Gayle Rehns

Pat Radabaugh, Jan Maxfield, Vonnie Feistner, Betsy Jasper

I only had one glass of wine!

On the left the quilt made by the staff, and on the right, the one Carolyn Fiskness made
which I thought was the staff quilt.  I was totally surprised by having two quilts.

Jan and Carolyn holding up one of the quilts
I received many nice gifts, and really enjoyed the party.

No comments: