Sunday, April 13, 2008

Will IT EVER End?


When is it going to be Spring around here! That's the question I wonder as I watched the snow falling, and the wind whipping around on Friday, and Saturday. Just the day before, the ground was bare, the grass beginning to turn green, and the robins chirping away. But all that changed in an instant. Isn't that how life is? We are surrounded by change all the time. Maybe God wants us to take a break, and reflect on that.
I watched as the birds scrambled to get food in this storm, and was glad I went out on Thursday, and filled the bird feeder with seeds and fruit. Friday night, when I went to let the dogs in from the garage, they were running around the car, looking for something. It turned out there were two robins up in the rafters, trying to get out of the storm. I left the back door open so they could fly out when they wanted.

There was a bright spot, tho, as I was reading the newspaper Thursday morn. I spotted an article about how ARC had sold all these many dozens of roses for people with disabilities. I remember someone had asked me if I would be interested in buying some roses from them for ARC back in March. Somehow, we never connected, so as I was reading this article, it said there would be extra roses for sale @ Skylark Mall. So feeling bad I hadn't gotten some, I called Earl and asked him to stop there after work and get some roses. He brought home the most beautiful bouquet of rose of various colors. There are still in full bloom today, and I smile when I see them.

Dad went to Marshall on Saturday, for his secular franciscan class, and I went shopping. I got the material for Raquel's quilt. I'll tell all of you what you can do to make it special for her later. Then grocery shopping...the price of food increasing is making me sick! Along with gas! But that didn't stop us from going to St. Cloud Sunday after hearing the Children's Choir @ St. Mary's, and eating out at Olive Garden, shopping @ Sam's Club, and going to Crafts Direct.
Sunshine, and melting snow! Now that's the way to end a great weekend! Thanks be to God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.