Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happenings in March!

Friends over for small Superbowl Party!




                                          We attended Alaina's Band Concert.  She plays the cello beautifully with nimble fingers.  I think she likes playing.   











Each time we see her and the class play, they get better and better.  Keep it up, 'Lainie.


We also went to our old church, St. Patrick's for their annual Ham Dinner with Lorrie, Jon, and family.
Always enough food, and we got plenty of ham.  Fr. John, their new priest, enjoyed the day dressed for the occasion.  Only complaint-they always stop the children's games, and face-painting too soon.  The boys didn't get a chance to have their face painted.


Then, just as it warmed a bit, and started melting the snow off the roof, and we could see a little ground, we had a turn in the weater, and got hit with a foot of heavy, wet snow again!!


Please Come, Spring!

Sigh...I may whine about the weather, but I am so blessed with a home, food, clothing.  I say this as I see the photos of Japan, who experienced the strongest earthquake they ever had-8.9, with a devastating tsunami to follow.  10,000 people are missing, and so many have nothing left of their homes.  No electricity, cold, no food, nuclear plants near meltdowns, living in shelters.  Dear God, may we all come together, and give them a helping hand.
March is also Food Shelf Month.  Let us all give enough so none go hungry in this nation, and world.
I've attended two friend's spouses funerals in three weeks, and one friend's retirement party.  I take each day as it comes, and am thankful for what God gives me.  It is good to be here.  May I return His love by reaching out to others around me, and extending that love to all.  And keep my twin granddaughters safe.  They have had their share of accidents-2 concussions, and cut leg, playing their sports. And may everyone stay well...enough with the pneumonia, and strep throats, and influenza.  OK?

No comments: