Thursday, June 12, 2008

May Days & June Bugs


A month ago.....where did it go...Mother's Day, Tanner & Sharyn's birthdays, last of school, Memorial Day.
Here is how I celebrated Mother's Day with 2 of my daughters...we gathered @ Chris's and ate dessert! Cheesecake, chocolate covered strawberries, flavored coffee. What could be better! And phone calls from my other children.
We took Tanner out for breakfast after his birthday, and then let him pick out something he wanted for a present from us. Dad sent Sharyn a bouquet of lilies for her birthday. We bought flowers, and planted, and weeded, and plowed a garden. Besides work, we attended meetings we are a part of from Church. We attended Matt Onnen's graduation party from HS. My, how he's grown up. And lastly, we went to a Memorial service @ St. Pat's cemetery, and prayed, and honored our veterans who serviced our country.
June started with my annual physical, and mammogram. Fun, right? Besides changing my presciption from Vytorin to Zocor, it was uneventful, until I mentioned having occas. heartburn radiating to my jaw. So just to be thorough, she decided to schedule me for a Cariolite stress test, or nuclear scan of my heart to see blood flow @ rest and with exercise. They sceduled it on Wednesday, June 11th. Meanwhile, my sister, Sandie, finally had a hip replacement done after having a great once over health check-up. She came thru it with flying colors and is recuperating at home, while doing rehab. I found a new book by my sister, Barb's favorite author, and sent it to her for her birthday. She was surprised! Thursday, June 5th, we drove to Rogers to attend our oldest granddaughter, Raquel's HS Graduation. They were calling for severe storms, and luckily, we only had light to moderate showers to and from there.

No comments: